Sunday, October 3, 2010

Who Reads This Stuff Anyway?

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you might think you are only one of a handful of people. If I measured the success of this blog on the number of submitted comments I receive, I probably would have given up long ago.

But I have heard from many people who read and enjoy this blog, and most don’t submit comments. I’ve also taken a look at some of the statistics that are logged by the blogger software. Most of my posts get between 30 and 50 “views” – people who read the post. The highest was 112 back in March for my post “Do We Have A Quorum?”. To date, there have been over 900 “views” and I’m sure many of them are regular readers and members of LIFE Church in Stratford.

Perhaps the most interesting statistic for me is the country some of the readers are from. Just over half are from Canada, and about 25% are from the US. The remaining 25% are from the UK, Germany, South Korea, China, Latvia, Australia, Indonesia, and Russia. Wow, that’s quite the international audience!

I’d love to know more about some of you readers, so for this post, I’m asking you to leave a comment anonymously and just tell me where you live (city, country). Don’t leave your name if you don’t feel comfortable. But a few words of encouragement might motivate me to write posts more frequently ;)

I’m working on a few posts that aren’t science focused and I hope to have the next one up in a few days. After that, it’s back to science with a few posts about dinosaurs!


Stay tuned!

Jac

PS – Don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know where you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment